JOB OPPORTUNITY: Commerce Officer
The Embassy of Finland in Ukraine announces a vacancy for the position of Commerce Officer in the framework of the Team Finland network in Ukraine.
Job title: Commerce Officer
Duty station: Embassy of Finland in Kyiv
Percentage of full-time employment: 100% (probation period 6 months)
Fixed-term work contract for 2 years: as agreed in the autumn 2017 - August 2019
Deadline for applications: 31 July 2017
The Embassy of Finland in Kyiv has 18 staff members working with diverse tasks in the area of political and economic developments, public diplomacy, consular services and promotion of Finland. The Embassy works as an integrated and results-oriented team.
The Team Finland network promotes Finland and boosts the success of Finnish companies abroad. The Team Finland network brings together all state-funded actors and the services they offer to promote the internationalisation of Finnish companies, to attract foreign investments to Finland, and to promote Finland’s country brand.
Duties and responsibilities
Commerce Officer will contribute to the Embassy's Team Finland work. Main areas are:
1) answering varying requests from Finnish and Ukrainian companies
2) Embassy´s Team Finland communications
3) promoting participation of Finnish companies to tender in Ukraine
4) participating in other functions in connection with Finnish export promotion and cooperation, including contacts to different regions in Ukraine.
The Commerce Officer will be locally employed by the Embassy of Finland in Kyiv and primarily report to the Ambassador and the Deputy Head of Mission. The work contract is based on Ukrainian Labor Law unless otherwise stated.
Professional and technical skills:
• Higher Education Institution's degree in economics or businesses or relevant subjects
• a minimum of three years previous work experience and relevant knowledge in the field of economic issues
• fluency in spoken and written Finnish and Ukrainian languages and a good working knowledge of English
• good administrative, organizational and computer skills (Microsoft Office, social media)
The Commerce Officer is expected to be self-motivated, open-minded and possess strong interpersonal skills. . Work experience from international (financial) organizations is an asset. The work requires ability to work with governmental and non-governmental actors.
Send a CV together with a cover letter in English, in which you briefly describe your interest for the vacant position and how you meet the requirements, to the following address: email@example.com subject: ‘Team Finland vacancy – (your name)’. To be considered, your application should be submitted by July 31, 2017. Please note that applications will not be returned and only short-listed persons will be contacted.
A Personnel security clearance of the person proposed to the position will be made upon acceptance of the candidate by Finnish Security Intelligence Service according to Finnish Security Clearance Act (726/2014).
For questions regarding the position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org